How to nurture your Potti during the first 6 months
Potti is a specially designed eco-system. To ensure your full satisfaction, we have the following suggestions:
- Follow the set-up instruction to assemble your Potti.
- Tap water can be used, the system is ready for your fish after running overnight or 24 hours as the water need to be de-chlorinated.
- It is recommended that maximum 2 fishes (regardless of the size) should be introduce in Potti at the beginning. Feeding your fish is also important. Unlike human being, they should be feed twice weekly with a small dose that finished with 90 seconds.
- You will received 3 bags of seeds. Start with wheatgrass, you can harvest after 7-10 days. After three harvest (approx. 20 days) you can add a new fish into your Potti, and gradually add one more after 1-2 weeks. Feeding remain the same. An idea on number of fishes to be introduce into your Potti: Below 5 cm - maximum 5 no., 5-10 cm - not more than 2.
- After wheatgrass (approx. 3 weeks), your eco-system will be ready for herbs (included in your Potti). With sufficient sunlight (3-4 hours daily), harvest can be expected around 30 days. Feeding for fishes can now be increased to every other day and feeding amount remain the same.
- Finally, leafy salad can be sowed as your eco-system is now matured. Grow time is 50 days, with 4-5 hours sunlight. You will be able to harvest 2-3 times. Other vegetable or flowers may now be grow on your Potti.
- Aquatic plants are not recommended during the first 6 month. Once your eco-system is stable, you may decorate your Potti accordingly.